CAMP JACK IS BACK!
We are thrilled to announce that our Camp Jack camping season will operate for six sessions from July 12 through August 20.
The links for the 2021 Camper Handbook and Registration are posted above and the 2021 Camp Theme Weeks are below. Please like and watch our Camp Jack Facebook page for updates and event notices.
We cannot wait to welcome our campers back again. See you soon!
2021 Camping Season
The Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes is a friendly place where youth with diabetes, ages 5 through 14, their siblings, and their friends benefit from hands-on learning experiences in Type 1 diabetes management and support within a fun and welcoming environment. Our mission is to foster friendships among children with diabetes, their siblings, and friends through a safe, active program while enabling them to learn about and face the common challenges of diabetes.
The Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes runs for 6-weeks during the months of July and August and is held at beautiful Camp Welch, located at 127 North Main Street in Assonet, MA. The program’s small enrollment and staff-to-camper ratio ensure a safe and high-quality camp program in which the campers receive plenty of supervision from exceptional role models, take part in a variety of camp experiences, and learn something new every day. Program areas include arts and crafts, nutrition and diabetes education, swimming in pools, archery, and outdoor fun in multiple athletic fields.
The following ensures your camper’s health and safety while they enjoy camp:
- Registered Nurse (RN) on Site
- Local Pediatrician as the Camp Health Care Consultant
- Staff Trained by a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Staff Members Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Policies and Procedures in Compliance with the MA Department of Public Health
- Designated Blood Glucose Testing Time and Location
- Diabetes Regimen Followed
- Appropriate Snacks and Drinks Provided
- Accredited Member of the American Camp Association (ACA)
- Member of the Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA)
2021 Camp Jack Theme Weeks
- Week 1 (Jul 12-16) Camp Olympics (go for the gold, win big)
- Week 2 (Jul 19-23) Adventure Lands (unique quests and LARP-live action role play)
- Week 3 (Jul 26-30) Summer Splash (all things water and wet)
- Week 4 (Aug 2-6) Creative Campers (arts abound, let us know your talent, let's get creative)
- Week 5 (Aug 9-13) Fun and Fitness (dance, play, yoga, and Zumba your way to a healthier you)
- Week 6 (Aug 16-20) Around the World (escape rooms from far off places, games from around the globe)
For more information about this service, please contact:
4 South Main Street
Fall River, MA 02721
(508) 679-5233 tel
(508) 679-6211 fax