Working Together to Help Children & Families Succeed
United Partnerships is a collaboration between People Incorporated, the Fall River School Department, and community and business partners. It is funded by the United Way of Greater Fall River.
Through partnerships, the program creates relationships that strengthen the schools, collaboratively develops priorities, and implements strategies to impact student achievement.
The goals of the program are
- Build positive peer relationships, sound characters, and a culture of peer leadership
within Fall River schools
- Provide support to families in an effort to increase stability and promote educational
success for children
- Create collaborations that enhance current programming within the schools and develop new resources to strengthen the schools
The following strategies are being implemented to assist in achieving the program’s goals
- The partnership provides leadership training, peer mentoring opportunities, and career planning for Fall River students
- To increase family support, the partnership hosts community resource fairs in Fall River schools which connect families with information about essential basic needs and coordinates parent education opportunities in the schools
- The program is developing partnerships with other leadership programs being run in the middle schools and with the business community to ensure a comprehensive approach to youth development