Our mission is to strengthen our community for each of its members by providing premier services for children and adults of all abilities in a collaborative and creative environment. Through the Diabetes Program of People Incorporated, our goal is to improve the health and well being of the communities that we serve by advancing diabetes prevention, early detection, education, and disease management.
The Diabetes Program of People Incorporated is committed to the following principles:
- Empowering individuals through peer education
- Bridging ethnic, racial, and age barriers
- Creating a foundation of lifelong management
- Encouraging early detection and prevention
- Providing diabetes awareness and education to the public and professionals
- Collaborating with partners to meet the needs and fill the gaps in service
- Focusing on youth and their families
To learn about the Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes, click the Camp Jack logo link. This camp offers a safe, educational environment for children with diabetes, their siblings, and friends, to enjoy a summer camp experience while learning about diabetes management.
For information on the Jack Rua Invitational, click here.