The Diabetes Association, Inc., is an affiliated program of People Incorporated. Focusing on children diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, our goal is to help children and their families manage diabetes and access the resources they need to reduce the incidents of complications and lead long healthy lives.
The Diabetes Association is committed to the following principles:
- Empowering children with Type 1 diabetes through peer education
- Engaging children and their families in supportive groups and fun activities
- Providing hands-on learning experiences in diabetes management
- Creating a foundation of lifelong disease management
- Providing diabetes awareness and education to the public and professionals
- Collaborating with partners to meet the needs and fill the gaps in service
The Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes offers a safe, educational environment for children with Type 1 diabetes, their siblings, and their friends, to enjoy an enriching summer camp experience while learning about diabetes management. The camp operates for six weeks during the months of July and August.
Camp Jack operations are supported, in part, by the Jack Rua Invitational. For information on the Jack Rua Invitational and how you might get involved, click here.